Ronald Tong & Co ("RTC" or "us" or "we" and the grammatical derivatives thereof shall be construed accordingly) complies with the Personal Data (Privacy) Policy Ordinance (Cap 486, Laws of Hong Kong) ("PDPO") and is committed to safeguarding the confidentiality and privacy of our clients, users of the Website, and others having contact with us (the aforesaid people are collectively referred to as "you", and the grammatical derivatives thereof shall be construed accordingly).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. We may collect data of you or any other individual which (1) relates directly or indirectly to a living individual, (2) from which it is
practicable for the identity of the relevant individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained; and (3) in a form in which access to or
processing of the data is practicable that are voluntarily submitted by you (including but not limited to full name, email address,
telephone number, Hong Kong Identity Card number, passport number and residential address of the relevant individual) (the
"Personal Data") when you make an enquiry to us, seek our professional legal services or contact us in whatever means for any
purposes. If you provide us with Personal Data of any third-party individual, you hereby expressly warrant and represent that the
obtained, unless the consent of the relevant individual is not required under the relevant applicable rules, regulations and laws.
2. The Personal Data may be obtained, processed and/or used by us for the following purposes:
2.1. to answer your enquiries;
2.2. to provide legal services and legal advice to you in accordance with your instructions, and as RTC may otherwise deem
appropriate or necessary;
2.3. to conduct our ''know your client'' procedures in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and rules of conduct;
2.4. to manage maintain and develop our business relationship with you and / or your organisation, including processing
payments, accounting, auditing and billing;
2.5. to fulfil our legal or regulatory obligations, accounting, reporting, risk management or other professional obligations;
2.6. to analyse and improve our services and communications to you;
2.7. for marketing purposes, including to send you marketing and legal materials which were requested by you or which we
believe may be of interest to you, and to consider you and/or invite you to marketing events, client seminars, hospitality and
2.8. for any purposes related and/or ancillary to any of the above purposes.
3. We may also use the Personal Data provided by you to send you legal updates and marketing materials related to RTC's own legal
services and / or related products. If you do not want RTC to use the Personal Data provided by you for any purpose outside the
scope of your engagement of our services, you may at any time unsubscribe by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. If you do not want RTC to use the Personal Data provided by you for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time by
sending us an email to email@example.com.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
5. We will only retain the Personal Data as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data is collected and
so long as required by law or regulation which we are subject to.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
6. Reasonably necessary measures have been taken to ensure the Personal Data provided by you will be:
6.1. processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above; and
6.2. prevented from unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use.
7. RTC will generally keep the Personal Data confidential, except for the following purposes:
7.1. in response to or in compliance with a court order;
7.2. disclosure to any government or regulatory authorities, including but not limited to requests from them or in the case where
RTC suspects or knows that any person is engaged in money laundering or other serious crimes; and
7.3. disclosure to any legal practitioners and other professional advisers representing the client and / or other persons involved in
the matters related to the legal services and legal advice being provided by RTC to its clients.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
holds the Personal Data or any other personally identifiable information and request access to and correction of the Personal Data in
9. RTC has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing any request for data access.
email to firstname.lastname@example.org.